FAQs: 3rd Party

Find answers to your questions about STC.

Disinterested Third Party (DTP)

  1. Who should I ask to sign the form? Can my parents or children sign on my behalf?

The Disinterested Third-Party form can be signed by anyone except immediate family members. Anyone monitoring should have no direct relationship with you and will not benefit if you were to pass the exam.

2.  Where do I send the form after I have completed the exam?

The form can be sent via fax to 814-499-5446 or sent via email to [email protected]

3.  How long does it take to be processed after I fax it?

Once received, it takes 24-48 hours to be processed.

4.  I am unable to access my certificate, is there something I need to do?

Several states do require you to complete a disinterested third-party form (DTP). The states that requires one to be completed are: PA, NC, WI.

5.  Can I schedule my state license exam without receiving confirmation from STC that my Disinterested Third-Party form (DTP) was received?

Yes, you can schedule your exam before receiving confirmation. Always allow 24-48 hours after submitting to have the information reported to the state.

6.  Where can I find a copy of the Disinterested Third Party (DTP) Form?

Generic Disinterested Third Party Form  

Still can't find your answer?

If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us.

Call Us icon

Call us: 800.782.1223

Speak to a customer service representative.

Weekdays: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. ET

Get in touch icon

Send us a note

Email us and we'll get back to you within 24 hours

Email Us